Volunteer to help rescue cats and dogs
AHF has several types of volunteer positions. We have permanent positions, one-time event opportunities, special skills opportunities (such as grants), virtual opportunities (web, social media, graphics) and those for providing foster homes for our animals. We appreciate the time and commitment that each of these positions will require!
Due to Covid restrictions we no longer have opportunities for those needing service hours for school or court supervision.
- Dog Handling (Saturdays only) — you must be 18 or older
- Dog Walking — you must be 18 or older to walk dogs
- Foster Home for Dogs
- Medical Transportation for dogs (Weekdays only)
- Heartworm Medicine for Dogs – Follow up & Delivery (Weekly)
- Dog sitter while foster is on vacation
- Cat Handling at Adoption Shows (Saturdays only 11-2)
- Foster Home for Cats
- Play Buddy for Cats in the Adoption Center (afternoons & evenings, any day Sun – Fri)
- Medical Transport for Cats (Weekdays only)
- Adoption Show Phone Calls (3-5 hrs/week)
- Data Entry
- Mailing Distribution (Local Businesses)
- Publicity Poster and Flyer Design
- Volunteer Welcome Coordinator (5-8 hrs/week)
- Volunteer Training/Orientation (5-8 hrs/month)
- Volunteer Contact List (4-6 hrs/week – Must know Excel or Access and have access to email)
- Writer/Contributor for Newsletter or Blog
Fundraising / Events
- Event Planning and Coordinating
- Contact Businesses for Sponsorship for events
- Contact Businesses for Donation Items for Silent Auction events.
- Participating in Fundraising Events
- Graphics Designers
- Help with kennel repairs, building projects, landscaping, etc.
Click below to see our other volunteer opportunities and videos:
Please fill out a volunteer application form if you are interested in helping us out in any of these areas!